Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

HLS compiled qsys modification and regeneration problem

cosx
New Contributor I

Hi everone,

I came across a question about modifying HLS generated qsys and regeneration of the modified system.

My quartus SDK compiler is 15.1.

I compiled a .cl file using command "aoc -s -v  ().cl --board (board_name)".

A qsys named system.qsys had been generated. Next I modified this system by adding some customised components.

After saving ths system, I regenerated this system.qsys into .v file. The command I used for regenerate was 

'qsys-generate system.qsys --synthesis=VERILOG --family="CYCLONE V" --simulation=VERILOG'.

After doing this, however, the system.v was not shown in the synthesis folder. Nor was it shown in simulation folder.

Before regeneration, I had already removed all HLS generated system folder and "system.tcl" file. However, the system.v was still not there.

May I ask if the .v file has been hidden or something else happened? 

I have also attached the whole project for your references.

Thank you very much!
Mingqiang
0 Kudos
1 Reply
cosx
New Contributor I

Hi everyone,

A new update here:

when I use aoc -v to compile the project, some strange messages occur:

com.altera.hdlwriter.EntityWritingException: Connection is not connected float_add:avm_local_bb1_ld__inst0 -> ?
at com.altera.hdlwriter.internal.OldEntityWriterInternal.addConnection(OldEntityWriterInternal.java:431)
at com.altera.hdlwriter.internal.OldEntityWriterInternal.writeHDLInternal(OldEntityWriterInternal.java:122)
at com.altera.hdlwriter.internal.EntityWriter.writeHDL(EntityWriter.java:40)
at com.altera.sopc.generator.EnsembleGenerationFileSet2.generate(EnsembleGenerationFileSet2.java:61)
at com.altera.sopc.generator.FileSet2.generate(FileSet2.java:150)
at com.altera.sopc.generator.Sellafield.generate(Sellafield.java:366)
at com.altera.sopcmodel.sbtools.sbgenerate.SbGenerate.performGeneration(SbGenerate.java:518)
at com.altera.sopcmodel.sbtools.sbgenerate.SbGenerate.act(SbGenerate.java:464)
at com.altera.utilities.AltCmdLineToolBase.runTheTool(AltCmdLineToolBase.java:718)
at com.altera.sopcmodel.sbtools.sbgenerate.SbGenerate.main(SbGenerate.java:965)

May I ask has anyone come across this before?

It seems that my defined IP has problems, but don't know why it has problems..

Thank you again!
Mingqiang
0 Kudos