Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20750 Discussions

HLS compiler not generating IP components

hburd
Beginner

I'm trying to build the example projects that come with the HLS compiler. When I build for the FPGA (e.g. running the makefile in the "counter" example), the compiler runs without indicating any errors, but I don't find a *.ip file in the output directory like I expected. As far as I understand, I need this file to be able to load the component into Quartus (as implied by these steps and this video).

This is the output when running the compiler.

HLS$ i++ -march=CycloneV --simulator none counter.cpp -v
Target FPGA part name:   5CGXFC7C7F23C8
Target FPGA family name: CycloneV
Target FPGA speed grade: -8
Analyzing counter.cpp for hardware generation
Verifying version information in the included files.
Expecting version 22.3.0.116.1 for all included files.
Included files passed version check. Checked:  none.
Optimizing component(s) and generating Verilog files

Multiple files are present in the output directory (including a subdirectory called "ip") but not the ip component:

HLS$ ls a.prj/components/count/
count_inst.v  count_internal_hw.tcl  count_internal.v  count.qsys  interface_structs.v	ip  linux64

I've installed the HLS compiler using the instructions here , since I need Cyclone V support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @hburd,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.

The steps that you have mentioned looks good, and usually the .ip files would be under the folder you have you ls on.

My guess would be there are some param on the compiled command that messed things up.

Perhaps can try the i++ compilation without the 'simulator' param or trying with the make command.

Hope that clarify.

BoonBengT_Intel_0-1665973190210.png

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @hburd,

Greetings, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.

Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @hburd,

Good day, just following up on the previous clarification.

Please do let us know if there is further doubts.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @hburd,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification/updates on the matter, hence would assume challenge are overcome. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos