Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

How code a cyclone 10 GX board in order to made it as a large current load

Linshen_liu
Beginner

I need to use a cyclone 10 GX work as an E-load, that means a load curent change with high slew rate, what should I do to design a such that system on that board. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hello,
not sure if the question relates to FPGA design in the first place, it sounds rather like a power electronics problem. Most likely external electronic has to be connected to the board.

To get an idea what you are trying to achieve, can you specify targeted voltage, current and slew rate range?  

0 Kudos
Linshen_liu
Beginner

Yes, I aim to made a Load by FPGA board to simulate the CPU or GPU power consumption. I would like to build a load with maximum curent 150 to 500-A, input voltage 1-1.2-V, current slew rate 1-A/ns.  

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

current e-load circuitry require a power(analog) electronic components. You can't use FPGA to implement current e-load circuit.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Linshen_liu
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you to point out my error. Because I am in a Power Electronic research group, we have built some DC-DC converter and LDO before. What we plan to do is to connect the component we built before with FPGA core. The FPGA core only need to consum the Power from the DC-DC converter we built before, but I have no idea how to code the FPGA. I guess it might work sense in hardware.

It is my plaesure to see your reply~ 

Best regards 

Linshen Liu 

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos