Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20678 Discussions

How to create Separate System in Qsys Under IP Catalog ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I am using Quartus web edition 14.1 (Free edition) for my trial purposes. I want to know how to create unique IP system in qsys under IP Catalog ? For your reference please find the attachment. Just like i need to create separate system in qsys.  

Anyone can share me the flow in creating system under IP Catalog of Qsys.  

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

As long as Qsys (now called Platform Designer) can "see" a .qsys file, it gets listed in the IP catalog. For it to see the file, it needs to be in the same directory as the current .qsys, in a directory named ip one level down from the current .qsys file, or in a custom location specified in the tool's options.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

As long as Qsys (now called Platform Designer) can "see" a .qsys file, it gets listed in the IP catalog. For it to see the file, it needs to be in the same directory as the current .qsys, in a directory named ip one level down from the current .qsys file, or in a custom location specified in the tool's options. 

--- Quote End ---  

Sorry, i am unable to get you what you trying to explain me :confused: 

Please can you explain me step-by-step.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Check Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition Handbook Volume 1 Design and Compilation 

For “Create IP Components in the Platform Designer Component Editor” from the following link, & check screenshot. 

https://www.altera.com/documentation/jbr1437426657605.html#mwh1409958782920 

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. 

Best Regards 

Vikas Jathar  

Intel Customer Support – Engineering 

(Under Contract to Intel)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There's not much to explain. Where have you placed the .qsys file that you want to appear as a system you can add to another system? 

This is called hierarchical system design, so there has to be an already completed system that you are adding as a component in another system.
0 Kudos