Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20713 Discussions

I have some questions aboult the clock input of CYCLONE V SoC Development kits

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I used the Altera kits i did not find a available clock input for my project.....Which clocks i can choose?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Not quite understand what are you trying to utilize. you wanted to change the clock signal or output a clock signal from the kit?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

When I used the Altera kits i did not find a available clock input for my project.....Which clocks i can choose? 

--- Quote End ---  

Did you check the reference manual already? Alternately you should check the schematic of your kit. You will be able to know what clock input you can use for your project.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Agree with vinhael, each Altera kits should have clocks. You can search into the reference manual and look for "clock" section to know the available clock sources.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

--- Quote End ---  

By looking at https://www.altera.com/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/kit-cyclone-v-soc.html, there are 4 programmable clock sources on board for user. You would need set the correct pinout to use the clocks.
0 Kudos