Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

IP Catalog won't display/open

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just installed Quart II 64 bit 14.0 Build 209 09/17/2014 SJ Full Version. 

When I click Tools->IP Catalog nothing happens. 

I noticed there was no default path set in Tools->Options->IP Settings->IP Catalog Search Locations. 

I added path c:\altera\14.0\ip\ and c:\altera\14.0\ip\altera to the Global IP Search directories. 

Still, nothing happens when I click Tools->IP Catalog. 

Crazy. 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yeah, I had previously been running 13.1, and the "MegaWizard" worked fine. 

Right, huge name improvement, "MegaWizard" to "IP Catalog." Kudos for that. 

So uninstall/re-install...Fixed it...bizarre.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

here we he following case: FIR II and NCO won't open as MegaWizard, but do open as normal VHDL text file. Upgrading from 13.1 to 14.1.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I thought I had this problem but the "IP Catalog" was open in a frame on the right hand side of the display. Just taking a breath and looking at every frame found it. But not until I had googled and found this thread. 

In short, it was already open in the default GUI layout, and that's why when I clicked on it, nothing appeared to happen.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried with my QII 14.1 and the newly released QII 15.0, the IP Catalog windows is available automatically at the right side of the QII window. I believe the previous IP catalog display or open issue might due to installation issue. By the way, if you happen to close the IP Catalog windows, you can call it out again by clicking Tools->IP Catalog.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello there!  

Are you using multiple screens? My setup has 3 screens and sometimes it appears in another screen or it does not come up. Also, Quartus is sometimes buggy. It does not necessarily save the settings you put in last time you used it.  

A lot of buggy aspects of Quartus are solved in v. 14.1. You could try updating it if this does not fix the problem.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

try the new Quartus II version. The new version usually fixed the old issue

0 Kudos