Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20637 Discussions

LDPC IP Core Simulate has no output

TWadu
Beginner

I use LDPC IP Core for 802.11n decoder in Quartus Prime Pro 19.1, however , when I give some input data and control signals there is no output?  ​I find when reset_reset_n signal turn to high level ,the output disapears.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the LDPC decoder simulation. Just would like to check with you if you are referring to LDPC or 5G LDPC IP? Also, what is the specific Quartus version and FPGA device that you are using?

For your information, in both of the IPs, you can try to generate the example design and perform simulation with Modelsim. You may then refer to the simulation to see if can spot any anomaly with your own simulation. You can generate the example design through IP Parameter Editor -> Generate -> Generate Example Design.

To run the simulation in Modelsim, you can do the following:

1. Change the working directory in Modelsim to \mentor in the example design directory

2. Type "source msim_setup.tcl"

3. Type "ld" to start compilation

4. Populate your signals of interest into the waveform

5. "Run -all"

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
TWadu
Beginner

​Hi,

My Quartus version is Quartus Prime Pro Edition 19.1, FPGA device is Arria 10   10AS066H3F34I2SG. I use LDPC IP which configuration as follows.

IP.png

Then I follow you steps to generate example design for simulation. However, there is still no output , the simulation screenshot as follows.

example.png

My ModelSim version is INTEL FPGA STARTER EDITION 10.6d. Then I use my own instance of the LDPC IP, the simulation as follows.

own.png

I think it might be short of some .hex files which save the adjoint matrix for 802.11n decode. How do you think?

Best regards,

Tang

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for highlighting this. This seems weird. I have managed to replicate similar observation as yours when I tested with S10 LDPC in Q19.4Pro. I have tested with WiMedia 1.5 mode and seems to observe output = 0 as well. I have file a case to Factory to seek further clarification.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
TWadu
Beginner

​Hi, 

I wonder if there is any progress on this issue.Thank you!

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. For your information, as per my discussion with Factory, currently they are having bandwidth limitation to perform further investigation into this legacy IP. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As a workround, I have tested running the IP generated in Quartus Standard Edition and observe that the simulation seems to be working. However, in the Standard Edition, there is no 802.11n standard. 

The following are some workarounds which might need your help to explore:

1. Just wonder if the other modes available in Quartus Standard Edition ie DOCSIS 3.1, NASA GSFC-STD-9100 or WiMedia 1.5 would work for you?

2. Instead of testing on simulation, can you try to run on hardware to see if your 802.11n mode work on hardware just in case it is IP simulation bug only.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just would like to follow up with you on this. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos