Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
18987 Discussions

MAX10 CFM most significant bit read addresses being cut off

rt52
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to use a MAX10M50SAE for Remote System Update using discrete logic.   I have an existing UART module that I am able to download into UFM, so I only needed to modify my existing code in order to access CFM.  

The On-chip Flash IP core settings have CFM sector 3 starting at address 0x10000 and going to 0x6ffff and CFM 4 going from 0x70000 to 0xb7fff and both have Read and Write Access enabled.  I am able to see correct reads, writes and erases from lower addresses in sector 3.  However, I am getting a warning that says "Warning (21074): Design contains 2 input pin(s) that do not drive logic" and then expanding it shows  "Warning (15610): No output dependent on input pin "read_flash[18]"" and read_flash[19].  Meaning the IP core cuts off the 2 most significant bits meaning I cannot read the upper part of CFM sector 3 and all of CFM sector 4.

Is there a setting I am missing in the on-chip flash IP core that affects this?  None of the signals that propagate down to the Flash IP core are less than 20 bits.  Or is this a feature of the Flash IP?

I am able to read from the first couple of addresses from CFM sector 3 but any address that contains bits 18 and 19 I cannot access.  The signal in simulation is marked as Blue and the MSBs are Z, but as long as those 2 bits are not used then everything works as expected.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rt52
Beginner

Feel a little silly  but I did not convert the IP core wizard addresses to byte form, so the 0x10000-0x6ffff went to 0x4000-0x1BFFF and 0x70000-0xb7fff goes to 0x1C000-0x2E000 which all fits in 17 bits.  Problem solved

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

I am glad this issue is being solved. This is a good study for the FPGA community over here.