Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20868 Discussions

Need to verify authenticity of ALTERA Arria 10 10AX115H4F34I3SGES

oneSystem
Novice

I have 95 Altera Arria 10AX115H4F34I3SGES, and I want to get documentation for them which would then make it easier to sell them. Specifically some kind of certificate or certification from manufacturer regarding the batch that I have. Also since it is an "engineering sample" I want to get specifics of what is the difference between the "ES" and regular FPGA in this particular case (errata, or other information comparing the two).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

please provide picture of the top marking, we can check the authenticity from datecode.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
oneSystem
Novice

Please see attached.

Also could you please provide me with documentation or some kind of publication covering specifications of this engineering sample version vs non-engineering sample version?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Below are the document for Arria 10 GX ES.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683331/current/gx-gt-device-errata-and-design-reco.html -Arria 10 GX Errata and device design recommendation.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683332/current/device-overview.html -Arria 10 device overview

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
oneSystem
Novice

Thank you,

I have read through both of these documents, however, they do not provide clarification as to the difference between Engineering Sample and the same model of chip without Engineering Sample suffix.

Could you please guide me as to the process of obtaining paperwork from manufacturer regarding this specific batch of chips? I only need enough data so these chips can become useful for manufacturing or for use in repairs.

Majority were produced on 25th working week of 2015, small batch was made on 31st working week of 2015. Shipped directly from Altera to the customer, customer being a defense contractor company.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know you are from which company?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
oneSystem
Novice

Hello,

company is Charm-Lite Inc, Product Development division.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks. I have provided a new Errata for your references through forum email as it is confidential.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
oneSystem
Novice

Thank you very much Aiman,

This document is very helpful.

Is there a way for you to verify the following information on your end and to provide me with a document of some kind which will state that these indeed are authentic?:

Part# 10AX115H4F34I3SGES
Lot# NCHAW00041C D/C: P ACHAW1525A Box Id: 1LMNNFB801 Trace Code: 314PA5L0C
Lot# NCHAW00041C D/C: P ACHAW1525A Box Id: 1LMNNFB802 Trace Code: 314PA5L0C
Lot# NCHAW00041C D/C: P ACHAW1525A Box Id: 1LMNNFB803 Trace Code: 314PA5L0C
Lot# NCHAW00041C D/C: P ACHAW1525A Box Id: 1LMNNFB804 Trace Code: 314PA5L0C
Lot# NCHAW00041B D/C: P ACHAW1525A Box Id: 1LAGWYMJ01 Trace Code: 314PA5L0C
Lot# RCHAW00041C D/C: P ACHAW1525A Box Id: 1L4MDUDE01 Trace Code: 314PA5L0C
Lot# NCHAW00042B D/C: P ACHAW1531A Box Id: 1OIFCKAU01 Trace Code: 314PA5O0C

Thank you.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry to let you know that, we do not provide part marking verification in order to avoid the devices from grey market.

Intel PSG has its authorized distributor to sale Intel devices. If you got the devices from formal distributors, you shouldn’t worry on the device authenticity as the devices must be valid units. Otherwise, we do not ensure the device quality and do not provide the further service. You may find the authorized distributor list from the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/buy.html

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
oneSystem
Novice

Thank you Aiman,

I purchased these chips from the defense contractor company (surplus stock), and due to the nature of the business they are in, they were unable to provide me with documentation such as transfer of ownership. Since they received these chips from Altera, now Intel, I wanted to see if you can help me with the resolution of this problem. If you need to know name of the defense contractor I can provide it, but not on this forum.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I will email you through forum email. You may provide confidential information over there.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos