Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20680 Discussions

PLL of Cyclone V: 'reconfig_to_pll' bus description needed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi community, 

I'm working on a Project that has to be migrated from a Cyclone III to a Cyclone V FPGA. 

My problem is the PLL reconfiguration. Normally, the reconfiguration is processed by use of the PLL reconfiguration megafunction. 

In my application, I can't use this tool. For the Cyclone III, we've created a own simple design to handle the scan chain. This was possible, because the scan chain is well documented. 

Unfortunately, the PLL reconfiguration on the Cyclone V is completly different (it uses a 64Bit reconfiguration bus), and my problem is, that I could not find any description of the bus signals nor the bus timing. 

My question is: Can anybody give me a hint, where to find this information? Or has anybody a description of the bus? 

Find attached a screenshot that illustrates my question
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Altera/Intel don't publish the details of that bus. 

Can I ask why you don't want to use the PLL_RECONFIGURE IP - as is intended for PLL reconfiguration? You're clearly intending to do some redesign work in moving to Cyclone V from Cyclone III. Why not incorporate the PLL_RECONFIGURE IP and use the two bits of IP as intended? Controlling the PLL_RECONFIGURE IP is pretty straightforward... 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos