Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20725 Discussions

Parametric phase delay fpga quartus

Tom16
Beginner
I want to generate multiple signals, and they must be phase shifted. The every phase would be calculated and have to be insert in automatically. I think about using parameters, but I don't now exactly how to do it. It is even possible?
Altera cyclone II
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

You can use PLL to introduce phase shift delay in your signals.

link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683359/17-0/altera-phase-locked-loop-ip-core-user-guide.html

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Tom16
Beginner
But I need signal in khz not Mhz. Is it any other way? It also can be some kind of delay.
0 Kudos
AGORS5
Beginner
So divide it.
Use PLL to generate MHz signal and dived it to khz signal.
Use PLL dynamic phase shift to control kHz phase shift. Taaadaaaa.
0 Kudos
Tom16
Beginner
Yeah but I if you divide it by counter - any phase shift on MHz signal would be negligible kHz shift. I need it to be significant. Altpll_reconfig isn't available, if it is what you meant.
0 Kudos
AGORS5
Beginner
PLL has user interface for on-the-fly phase shift control. You can change it without reconfiguration with 96ps steps min.
So divide c0 and C1 separatelly. Then you can change phase shift between then on the fly.
0 Kudos
AGORS5
Beginner
Wait. What resolution do you need to achieve ? us, ns, ps?
0 Kudos
Tom16
Beginner
0 Kudos
AGORS5
Beginner
So forget about PLL.
Use generated synchronus registers chain. Then you can define length as parametr.
Three will be always small time difference in output signal due to difference in routing. Definitelly below 5 ns im total.
0 Kudos
Tom16
Beginner
0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You could use a clock pass through a PLL generating multiple clocks with different phase shifts. Then use these clocks to sample the signal. Would that help you?

Regards

0 Kudos