cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Pin Assignments won't import

Hello,  

I'm using Cyclone II chip, on Quartus II 12.1 SP1. This is required because my school uses that version. Anyhow, when I try to go to assignments > import assignments..I try to import by selecting the appropriate QSF file, and I've tried a CSV version as well that my school both supplies. Sadly, when I go to pin planner it just shows the location column as empty.. meaning the only way to do the pin assignments would be manually to edit one by one. Is there any fix for this issue? I've tried using different computers, my verilog code compiles no problem, I just don't understand what the issue is.  

Regards, 

Nisha
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

So you exported a .csv and then tried to import it in and it didn't work? Maybe the file is not set up correctly.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

No, I simply downloaded said CSV from our schools website.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Open the .csv file (easiest to view in Excel but any text editor should do). Check that the column headers match the names of the columns in Pin Planner. You could also simply copy and paste the assignments into Pin Planner or Assignment Editor (depending on how the file is formatted).