Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20932 Discussions

Problems with Silent Installer for v 14.1.0.186

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I am trying to a create silent installation to use with SCCM for version 14, I am using the following command 

QuartusSetup-14.1.0.186-windows.exe --unattendedmodeui none --mode unattended 

The setup just stops, then eventually times out after the standard 2 hour window.  

If I run the installer manually it works fine. If I run the silent install command myself (rather than letting SCCM run it as system) it works fine, however when deployed via SCCM it just stops, no error is given (other than the time out after two hours), some files are copied and reg keys created but the installation never completes.  

As anyone had a similar experience or any suggestions how to get around this? 

Failing that - can anyone tell me how to enable logging during the setup process?  

(using the switch --help suggests that it isnt possible to enable logging) 

Many thanks in advance as I am pretty stumped with this now.  

Zebadee 

P.S. I have used the same commands to install version 13 and that appears to install without any problems.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

curious, the purpose of install quartus II , is to design FPGA right? any special reason you want to install in silent mode?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the reply - it had to be a silent installation because it is to be installed to a large number of computers on our network - we simply do not have the resources to manually install each application to each PC.  

I think i have a work around though - it seems that it was the system account which was causing the problem, I changed the install script to create a local user account, used that account to install the software, then remove the account. It now seems ok, I assume that it doesn't like the system account as it may be trying to create folders in the users documents or application data folders.  

Finalising the testing at the moment but so far, it's looking much better than before :-)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Your "silent" installing method also include automated license installation?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, we use a license server so it simply creates the environment variable which points to the license server

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

good usage...

0 Kudos