Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20867 Discussions

Quartus 11.1 Device Support

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Does Quartus 11.1 support Startix family? I have an old Dev board and I want to implement some logic . unfortunately, I can't find any Stratix device support in the available list. do I need to do it manually? if yes, I was wondering if you give me a clue of doing that. I am using a free version of Quartus.  

I want to use Stratix EP1S10F780C6ES. 

Many thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus 11.1 should support all stratix, arria and cyclone families of FPGA.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Many thanks for your reply. unfortunately, I don't have any Stratix devices listed in the list box.you are right. I do have Cyclone and Arria but no Stratix. 

any help, much much appreciated. 

thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It might just be the EP1S10 thats been dropped, because I can see the S25 on my list (and Im using one on a not so legacy product - our real legacy products use Flex 10Ks) 

You should still be able to use it as a "legacy" product, but you have to manually add the device to the QSF file, rather than select it from the GUI.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks alot for reply. in my system, there isn't any stratix family. I will try to do it manually. I thought that this new version will be easy to use. but it seems it is not. also, I saw that when I was installing Quartus 11.1 free web version, Stratix series are disabled and it doesn't allow me to install it from Modify Altera Complete Design suite. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am also trying to install Service Pack 2 as well. Hopefully, it will solve some issues.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You may have to have a full licence for older products, rather than the web edition.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yeah, you are right. I think this is the case!!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes I have the full licensed version and I'm seeing all the 1S10 flavors. 

If it's a simple change that you just need to rebuild the design, I may be able to help you out. (I'm part of a consulting group). 

Otherwise load an older version of the webpack that still has Stratix support.. 

Pete
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

recent versions of Web Edition removed some old families including Cyclone. i'm not sure where it's actually documented

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Pete, 

Many many thanks for your offer. I think it is good idea to lead the older version for some projects. we are developing some DAQ tools and we need stratix board just to test and R&D programme. we started a project from scratch and we need several compilations. thanks again and your offer is really really appreciated!!!  

Aidin.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yeah, I tried looking for that and I couldn't find any documents. thanks

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos