Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20707 Discussions

Reset Vector - NIOS

MK_ABQ
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a reference NIOS project in which the reset vector memory is selected as an external flash. I opened platform designer and found the following information. Picture attached below.

MK_ABQ_0-1675116973530.png

Can you help to answer my following questions?. I did go through the embedded handbook, and NIOS user guide but could not get a specific answer. Can  you help?

Q1)  Why is the "reset vector" field greyed out here?. 

Q2) Which address will be taken into account for the reset vector?. 0x08b0_0000 (or) 0x18b0_0000?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi MK,

Greetings and welcome to Intel's forum.

There is not specific reason why it is greyed out. It is according to the base address you set in Platform Designer. You have the flash address set to 0x10000000, and the offset to 0x08b00000. Therefore, flash will start access at 0x18b00000.

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly

View solution in original post

22 Replies
MK_ABQ
New Contributor II

Hi Kelly,

I understand. You may close this ticket for now. I will reopen one if needed in future. Thanks for your support. 

0 Kudos
KellyJialin_Goh
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelly Jialin, GOH

0 Kudos