Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20677 Discussions

Seek programming assistance.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Altera Forums, 

I hope I post this in the right subforum - otherwise please feel welcome to move the thread to the right subforum.  

As it is I seek programming assistance for what may likely be a simple programming task for the person who already knows about this. I hope one of you will be interested in working on this ... maybe also give me a hint if such a solution already exists.  

What I need is to find a solution to two somewhat different tasks yet both are related to streaming data from a No. of ADCs into a PC at relatively high speeds - without any drop-outs in the data stream. The operating system preferably is Windows 7. 

the first data stream comes from 2-5 SAR ADCs (20/24 bits) and is in the Two Complement format. This Two Complement data stream eitherneeds to be: 

a.: streamed directly into the pc and stored in a .wav format

Data transfer rates are 384 kHz, 768 kHz or 1.536 MHz and the output from the SAR ADCs is either 20 or 24 bits, with 2-5 channels of similar data. The file format of the data stream should be a .wav file. The exact data read time from the SAR ADCs should be the same between data readings (and somewhat adjustable). 

b.: or "translated" from the two complement data stream to a continuous i2s signal. Again sample rates are 384 kHz, 768 kHz or 1.536 MHz. The SAR ADC input data formats are 20/24 bits Two Complement, and the I2S output data format is an I2S format at 32 bits. Again, the exact data read time from the SAR ADCs should be the same between data readings (and somewhat adjustable), and it should be possible to transfer 2-5 channels of similar data. 

I suppose the "B" solution may be the simplest but would be most interested in hearing from you if you can make a solution for the "A" version. 

Since the precise timing of reading data from the SAR ADCs matters I imagine that a CPLD, FPGA or similar device may be a feasible hardware solution, however, am open to other solutions. 

the second data stream comes from 2-5 1 bit ADCs all outputting data at 22.579 MHz, i.e. a 22.579 MHz 1 bit signal. I would like these data to be entered directly into the PC and stored in a .dsf format (DSD audio format). 

I seek a programmer who already is experienced/proficient in this type of programming and is capable of completing this job within a not too-long period of time. 

If you are interested then please contact me by PM, or post here, and we can talk about specifics and your payment for this. 

And again, if someone here knows of a solution for this that already exists I would be most interested in hearing about it as I don't see any reason for "re-inventing the wheel".  

I hope to hear from you. 

Cheers,  

Jesper Mønsted
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi again, 

No-one's interested ?? Or may I have posted my question in the wrong subforum? Please give feedback if this is the case. 

Cheers, 

Jesper
0 Kudos