Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Using MX25L12833FMI-10G to configure Cyclone V

ZC0001
Beginner

Hi,all

I now use MX25L12835FMI-10G  to configure Cyclone V FPGA in AS mode.The program file can

be successfully downloaded to MX25L12835FMI-10G ,but when power on the board again,the configuration is failed. The soft version is Quartus prime 18.1.1 build 646. I don't know why and hope someone can help me.

Looking forware your reply.

Thanks.

figure.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi, first of all, may i know how do you determine the configuration failure? Also, can you try to program the JIC into the flash devices without ticking the "verify" option?

0 Kudos
ZC0001
Beginner

Hi,Thanks for your reply.

There are several Leds drived by FPGA IO to indicate the status of FPGA. If FPGA is configured successfully,some of the Leds will flashes periodically.  But actually, these Leds are always on after power up. The FPGA works normally if .sof format program is downloaded into.

In  addition, the program can be downloaded into the flash device successfully without checking  "verify" option.

Looking forward your reply.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

By right, it shouldn't have problem with the option enabled and i cant duplicate on my side as well.

Is there any concern / need with the verify option? Or u can just program it without the verify option?

0 Kudos
ZC0001
Beginner

Hi,The program can be downloaded into the flash device "successfully" both without or with checking "verify" option. But after power up,the FPGA doesn't work in this two situation.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Could you try with a simple design? This is to eliminate the issue due to design itself.

0 Kudos