Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

VCC_ONE setting in QII 14.0

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm looking for solution how to set the VCC_ONE of Max 10 device in QII14.0.  

I would like to set the VCC_ONE to 3.3V but after compilation, it showed that VCC_ONE is 3.0V.  

Can anyone tell me how to set it? Can I just connect it to 3.3V even the QII reported it as 3.0V? 

Thank you
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, you can connect 'VCC_ONE' to 3.3V. See table 6: 'power supplies recommended operating conditions for max 10 single supply devices' on page 4 of the max 10 fpga device datasheet (https://www.altera.com/en_us/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/m10_datasheet.pdf). 

However, there appears to be a bug in Quartus' reporting (Q14.1 that I'm using). That may well still be the case in newer versions... 

In Quartus (with your project open) from the 'Assignments' menu, open 'Settings...'. Select 'Voltage' from the 'Operating Settings and Conditions' section in the Category menu. Change the 'VDDA voltage' setting to '3.3V'. 

The report files will now state that VCCA should be connected to 3.3V. However, it still reports VCC_ONE needs connecting to 3.0V. Now look at the note below table 6 of the above document: 

--- Quote Start ---  

(1) VCCA must be connected to VCC_ONE through a filter. 

--- Quote End ---  

VCCA @ 3.3V and VCC_ONE @ 3.0V are clearly not intended. Hence, my belief there is a bug. If you're using Q15.0 I'd be interested to hear if this is still the case. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Alex, 

I'm trying to update settings for power play analysis and it appears that version 17.0.0 (Lite) version still has the same problem. After compilation, the PowerPlay Power Analyzer >> Operating Conditions Used shows that VCC_ONE at 3.0V. I see no way (at least thru the GUI) to set the VCC_ONE voltage to 3.3V.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Then, I suspect, the original bug is still present in Q17. Raise a ticket via myaltera (https://www.altera.com/mal-all/mal-signin.html). 

However, for the purposes of analysing the power consumption, I suspect you can make some considered judgement as to what the increase in power would be when running at 3.3V, as compared to 3.0V, based on the numbers coming from the power play analysis. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos