Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

VHDL - logical block

Kris4
Novice

Hi,

I have a very basic question as I'm only beggining to programm in VHDL in quartus. My problem is :

-how to create a logical block in vhdl that has one 6-bit input and 6 outputs (0 or 1) . Before a logical block there is a 6- bit counter and the block has to compare the actual value on input for example "00100" and show either 0 or 1 on the outputs . I want to assign from the top values of the outputs , so if input="00100", outputs : a="0", b="0", c="1", d="0", e="0".

Thanks for reading ,

Kris

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kris4
Novice

Hi , I managed to complete that task but I have another question, 

How to make a counter that counts from a given number say 24 and restrict it to count only in a given range say 51?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

You may use the Counter VHDL template provided in the Quartus tool itself. Insert template> VHDL > Full Design > Arithmetic > Counter > Binary Counter.

Change the MIN_COUNT and MAX_COUNT to your desired range, and you should be able to set the counter range.

Though you need to change the conditional statement so it get the correct value when it reset or reach the max range. I will leave the work to you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

May I know does my latest reply help to answer your problem?

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Do you need further help in regards to this case? Please do understand that we do not want the case to idle too long.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
Kris4
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for reply, after few days of work I somehow figured it out and it turnes out it works.

Thanks for support.

Kris

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Great to hear that!

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

0 Kudos