Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

altera SOPC global user libraries

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am a newbie in this altera stuff and have got DE2 board to work on. I tried to run tutorial "tut_sopc_introduction" but have got into problems. I hope the expert advices from you guys will help me out. 

Main problem is that whenever I try to do system generation on SOPC, I get this error that: 

one or more components could not be located (altera_nios2):... I added to the global user libraries the path "D:\altera\kits\nios2_60\components\altera_nios2".and regenerate but to no avail. I tried with "D:\altera\kits\nios2_60" or "D:\altera\kits\nios2_60\bin". None worked. 

My Quartus_v7.1 is on the c:\altera but Nios_v2.0 is on d:\altera...Is this the problem? I am not sure. I hope for your help. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, you should add the 'components' folder to SOPC Builder search path. In your case, add "D:\altera\kits\nios2_60\components". 

SOPC Builder searches all the folders underneath for 'class.ptf' files automatically. 

In Quartus II v7.1 you might have to delete the SOPC Builder cache (in Windows: \Documents and Settings\<profilename>\.altera.quartus) and restart SOPC Builder.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

(...) one or more components could not be located (altera_nios2) (...) 

--- Quote End ---  

If you haven't done so, please install the IP Megacore Library 7.1 and the ServicePack 1.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I got it to work..I used Quartus Version5.1... I dont know why it doesnt work for v7.1...

0 Kudos