Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

how to convert .jic file from .pof file with the help of Quartus software?

Radha
Beginner

Hi SooYL,

Thank you for your response, while i am trying to convert to .jic file using quartus it is asking the input file format as .sof, but i do not have .sof file, I have .pof file for the EPCS1 device and I need to program the EPCQ4A device with the help of old .pof file, can you please help me on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Radha.P

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Radha Pandi,

Can you try to recompile the design again? SOF should be able to generate if you have fully compiled your design in Quartus. It is not possible to convert using the tools if there is no option to attach POF.

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos
Radha
Beginner

Hi SooYL,

Thank you for your response, I donot have any design code and .sof file.I have only .pof file of EPCS1 device and i should use that for the EPCQ4A device and i should program the EPCQ4A device. So can you help me in programming that new device with help of Quartus prime and USB Blaster programming cable.

Thank you,

Radha.P.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Pandi,

I am closing this thread as there is a duplication. I will continue to support your inquiry in thread below:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004MR1BF

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Pandi,

Actually we can program the POF into EPCS1 or EPCQA. To program POF, we need to use Passive Serial, AVST or Fast Passive Parallel confiuration scheme depending on the device you use.

May i know what FPGA device you are using?

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos
Radha
Beginner

Hi SooYL,

Thank you for your response. I know that we can program the POF file into EPCS1 and EPCQA devices but I have the POF file of EPCS1 and i do not have the POF file of EPCQA device.I want to program the EPCQA with the POF file of EPCS1,will it possible do that? but when I tried it was showing an error like invalid SOF file. If it not possible to program the EPCQA device with old POF file, then how to generate the POF file for EPCQA device with out having the SOF file or design file.

And I am using the EP2C8-256 FPGA device.

Thanks & Regards,

Radha.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Pandi,

No, it is not possible. You will need to recreate POF file using SOF in order to use it on EPCQA. It would be better if you can have the design file.

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos