Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

max+plus ii

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

1. I am a biggner in this thing, and all i want to know how can i convert my projects from max+plus to quartus ii? 

2. how can i know how much silicon my project took place on the altera, (in max plus and quartus) 

thx  

Amirster
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Most conversions are really straight-forward. Just start Quartus and open the MAX+PLUS II project. When Quartus sees the MAX+PLUS II .ACF file, it will automatically convert the project to a Quartus project. If it has problems with the conversion, it has fairly detailed messages to explain the problem. 

Note that not all the old devices that MAX+PLUS II supported are supported in Quartus. The transition from MP2 to Quartus happened around the time of the FLEX 10K parts and the MAX 9000 parts, so if you're project is from that era, you may not have support.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

2. how can i know how much silicon my project took place on the altera, (in max plus and quartus) 

--- Quote End ---  

After you've compiled your project in Quartus, the Fitter report in the GUI or in the .fit.rpt file will tell you how much you are using of the various kinds of device resources. There is a "Fitter Summary", but look in the "Fitter Resource Usage Summary" for more detailed information.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank guys :)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

1. Open up quartus 

2. Go to the "help" menu 

3. Look for the friendly max+plus ii logo (it says quick start guide next to it, but you don't really need to read anything. Just look for the logo) 

4. It will show you instructions how to get quartus to look and act like MAX+PLUS II.
0 Kudos