Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

max10 adc signaltab question

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, i am new to altera fpga 

i just got the altera MAX10_10M08_Evaluation_Kit, then i want to test the adc, i want to implementation the onchip adc and watch the convertion results though signaltab 

i use qsys to plug in the adc(follow the steps given by the max10 analog to digital converter user guide ),and then i write a section of verilog codes to drive the adc 

1. in my project ,there are pll, adc, the drive code,and the signal tab; 

2. i use adc in "standard sequencer with sample storage " mode  

3. i use signal tab to monitor the adc's output 

then i meet the problemss: 

1. when i download the sof file to the fpga ,it shows failed. 

2. but the leds are blinking, so i think the code should have been downloaded to the max10; 

3. the signal tab can not find the max 10 , so i can not monitor the adc 

4.i upload my project, 

thanks!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Keep asking for help

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Firstly, that youtube webpage will show you how to get ADC output on your monitor screen and that does not do much. secondly, altera does not (and will not) provide specifications for ADC Control And Status registers. i mean these controller registers which should command the ADC what to do. your only option is to get Nios 2, altera provides C libraries and use software programming language to communicate with the ADC, receive it's sampling data and so on.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

there is a youtube link that you can follow to create an adc design 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oo1rfa-4xk 

from there create something that is working. Check it with the ADC toolkit. Then look at the signaltaps and crosscheck with your design to see if things are as expected.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

just found this new video go live and inside got show how to place signal tap for ADC..... 

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i2lv9ssypu 

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzppbztgbsi 

hope this help :)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey, 

were you able to see the max10 in ADC toolkit? I did everything exactly as in the tutorial from youtube but toolkit cannot find my max 10 eval kit :(
0 Kudos
PRiva1
Beginner

Do you still need help solving this issue?

0 Kudos