Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20623 Discussions

sending 64 bit from fpga to hs to terminal in pc @10k

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, 

i had a terasic sockit (which had a cyclone 5 soc). i already implemented sending 64 bit data from fpga to pc by using nios2 processor  

( nios2+jtag uart_onchipram). but its speeed is very low(around 2to 3khz) , i am not able to get 10khz speed. so what should i do?? 

sockit had a usb to uart port which is integrated to hps, i think by using it, i can increase the speed. but how can i use it? 

along with hps what are the components i need to use in QSYS system? 

if anybody got a reference program lease share the link , it will be very helpful to me :) 

is it possible to use qsys system to run the hps like i did using nios2 processor ?( is it possible to use hps without booting form an sd card) 

if it not possible how can i do it , any tutorial for that ? 

my future work is to change one register value inside fpga from a terminal form pc (using hps) . 

if anybody know any information regrading this, please share ( i am using quartus 16.0 lite edition in windows7) 

thanks and regards
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi dipin555, 

You can obtain many useful information on booting Linux using HPS at rocketboards.org. 

For example, here are instructions on booting Linux using precompiled binaries on SD Card on the Arrow SoC kit (same as Terasic Cyclone V SoC kit): 

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/documentation/arrowsockitevaluationboard160linuxgettingstarted 

Regards, 

ccthum 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, 

i think i need to implement it using hps tp fpga bridge, using a dram i am not able to figure how the connection should be in qsys and what are the components required?(like on chip ram) . one more thing is how should i access the values in c program in hps ? 

if anybody got a demo or guidelines please do share.. i will be really helpful to me..i am trying it or past few weeks and i dont have any experience in soc.  

thanks and regards
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

HI, 

i had completed the qsys system and sending the bits from fpga to hps using light-weight-hps to fpga bridge. but my problem is how can i access the number  

in c code. which is the part of the hps. how will i get the numbers in c code from the bridge. can anybody give some suggestion(. in lightweight bridge and htof axi bridge ) 

any help will be really appreciated. 

thanks and regards
0 Kudos