Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

system-console missing procedure

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to use system-console on a windows XP 32-bit system. The messages at startup are: 

Finished initialization 

C:\altera\11.0\quartus\sopc_builder\model\lib\JtagJNI.dll: The specified procedure could not be found 

Executing startup script C:\altera\11.0\quartus\sopc_builder\system_console_macros\system_console_rc.tcl 

The missing procedure has something to do with the discovering the device connections. When I try a get_service_paths device command it returns an empty string. I've checked the PATH and everything seems ok. Any thoughts as to what procedure could be missing?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It seems like you need to re-install. 

The JtagJNI.dll required to do any sorts of communication. 

If file exist but not detecting, something wrong, so re-install is the way to go. 

It should work though...at least I've never had that issue.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

JtagJNI.dll is used for all communications over JTAG so if SystemConsole can't find it you won't get much done I'm afraid. 

Are your paths set up right? Windows uses the PATH variable to locate dlls - the setup program should have got that right. SystemConsole has given you the full path to JtagJNI.dll so it must have found that - my suspicion is that one of the DLLs which JtagJNI.dll uses can't be found.  

In 11.0 these are in the quartus/bin directory so please check that's on your path.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No luck. I tried uninstalling both q11 and q10.1. I then re-installed q10.1, but received the same error. I did try running it on another machine and it worked fine. Something particular about this machine. Time to wipe it I guess. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

1. Can you use jtagconfig?? << this will confirm that you have right path to quaruts 

2. Does the path match with "quaruts_rootdir" ?? set to Q11.0 path? 

3. Can you use java? what is the version? << the jtagjni is for java 

4. try opening system-console from nios2-command prompt
0 Kudos