Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

vhdl

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello..juz wanna confirm.this is my question.. 

--Develop a VHDL model for an accumulator that calculates the sum of a sequence of fixed-point numbers. Each input number is signed with 4 pre-binary-point and 12 post-binary-point bits. The accumulated sum has 8 pre-binary-point and 12 post-binary-point bits. A new number arrives at the input during a clock cycle when the data_en control input is 1. The accumulated sum is cleared to 0 when the reset control input is 1. Both control inputs are synchronous. 

and this is my code... 

library ieee; use ieee.std_logic_1164.all; use ieee.numeric_std.all; entity accumulator is port (clk,reset, data_en : in std_logic; data_in : in signed(15 downto 0); --input declaration data_out : out signed(19 downto 0) ); --output declaration end entity accumulator; architecture rtl of accumulator is signal sum, new_sum :signed(19 downto 0); begin new_sum <= data_in + resize(data_in, 20); --operation of adder in accumulator reg:process (clk) is begin if rising_edge(clk) then if reset = '1' then sum <= (others => '0'); elsif data_en = '1' then sum <= new_sum; end if; end if; end process reg; data_out <= sum; --final output end architecture rtl; 

--is it correct and suitable??plis do reply me asap.. 

--if there's sumthng wrong sumwhere,plis help me to correct it,,tq
0 Kudos
0 Replies