Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TDela
Beginner

BSODs after sleep and disappearing D drive

Greetings: I have a new Alienware 15r3 that crashes when waking from prolonged sleep. I get the "Driver IRQL not Less or Equal" stopcode, and the failure is in iaStorA.sys, which is part of IRST. I tried updating the IRST driver from 15.7.5.1025 to the newest, 15.9.0.1015, and that seemed to fix the problem. However, upon awakening I'd get the message that IRST had removed a SATA disk, i.e., my D drive. The drive totally vanished. It would reappear again just fine on reboot. So, in fixing one sleep problem, I created another. Any advice?

Thanks!

Tim

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello TJDx2,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Communities Support.

I am glad to assist you, please provide us the following information to check your system configuration.

Please provide us the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report.

You can download the software https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- here.

Also please provide us the System Report in the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST).

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Stephen C.
TDela
Beginner

Thanks for the reply, Stephen! The files you requested are attached.

idata
Community Manager

Hello TJDx2,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please try installing the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) version 14.8.16.1063:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interf...

Let us know the result.

Regards,

Stephen C.
TDela
Beginner

Thanks for your suggestion. Before I try it, can you clarify something? The version you recommend is older than the one I have currently installed, and older still than your latest version. When I click on that link, it tells me to use the newer version. I'm just wondering what your thinking is here.

Best,

Tim

idata
Community Manager

Hello TJDx2,

I understand, however is for testing purposes, that version was stable.

You can try installing that version to see if the issue do not longer occur.

Regards,

Stephen
idata
Community Manager

Hello TJDx2,

I was checking your thread and would like to know if you need further assistance?

Please do not hesitate in replying back so we can continue helping you.

Regards,

Stephen C.
TDela
Beginner

Thanks for asking, Stephen, but ultimately I returned the Alienware to the vendor. There were too many issues.