Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Can I install Windows 10 Upgrade over a Raid 1 configuration Intel Rapid Storage Technology setup?

PCrow
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello PCrow,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to know exactly what you mean with Windows 10 upgrade, are you changing from another Windows version to Windows 10 or are you updating Windows 10 to the latest build? 

Keep in mind that, if you are changing O.S from a previous Windows version to Windows 10 you need to check if the combination of chipset - Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology is supported, to check please provide me with an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
PCrow
Beginner
Current OS is Windows 7 Pro 64bit I would like to change to Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Does current IRST support changing Windows 7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit? Please see attached.
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello PCrow,

Thank you for your response.

Upon review of your system configuration I can see that you have a system with a processor that is not supported on Windows 10, you may be able to get generic drivers from Microsoft*; however, I cannot confirm that the system will work as intended.

Also, there may not be an Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology version that supports the combination of hardware - O.S you would have so I cannot confirm it will work.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello PCrow,

Were you able to check my previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello PCrow,

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

You can try contacting your system manufacturer to see if they have other options for you with the Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos