Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Cannot access the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software

EMort1
Beginner
I needed to reinstall the Windows 7 64-bit operating system due to corrupted files and computer lockups. The computer was to run in a Raid 1 configuration. After the reinstall, I could not bring up the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software by clicking on its icon. I brought up the 'readmeIRST.txt' file from the 'C:\Program Files\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology' folder. This file indicated that the storage should be as follows:

32-bit: C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology

There was no corresponding folder in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)' folder as indicated above for the 64-bit system. The installed computer software showed that 'Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology' version '14.6.0.1029' was installed.

I went to the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Support site and referenced 'Software Applications' and 'Windows 7, 64-bit' for the 'Intel Matrix Storage Manager' having a version number: '8.9.0.1023'. I wasn't sure that this software was the same as the currently installed software and the version number seemed to be earlier. I tried clicking on the download icon but nothing happened.

I don't know if Raid 1 is working or not on the computer; the Device Manager indicates that the controller is working. I need to be able to access the software.

EMM

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

EMM: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology communities. We will do our best to try to fix this problem.

In order to provide the most accurate response we just need to confirm some details about your system. Please install the SSU tool:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Once you do that you will be able to save the information as a file, please attach that file to this thread. To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

EMM: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos