Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2063 Discussions

Computer crashI Intel RSTM Service stopped working multiple times a day (every few minutes)

NancyE
Novice

Hi--
I have gotten the following error multiple times every day--which shuts down the computer and restarts.  I am running Windows 11 home.  My disk drive conformation is pasted below (first screenshot).  I cannot find anything about this error.  I found a similar error that someone reported for win10, but the suggested fix was replacing files that I don't seem to have.  When I run the command services.msc, I get the following intel installed products (see second screenshot).  It seems to happen most when running Adobe Lightroom.  Any help would be appreciated.

Source
Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Management Service

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎6/‎8/‎2023 1:55 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iastorvd.inf_amd64_a5ea1b1d8db1527e\RstMwService.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: RstMwService.exe
Application Version: 18.6.1.1016
Application Timestamp: 60fabe98
Fault Module Name: RstMwService.exe
Fault Module Version: 18.6.1.1016
Fault Module Timestamp: 60fabe98
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000000cd5e6
OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f144
Additional Information 2: f144728368d2b3274fc98a1e3b288a92
Additional Information 3: dfbe
Additional Information 4: dfbe534d3e58f6c92863bfcb457a61dc

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 10634bc194e4772ec34a39bdc01097c7 (1389986922131134407)

Disk setup.jpg

intel installed apps (from running services.msc).jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NancyE
Novice

Hi-

I have not solved the above problem, but an opportunity came up to move on from this laptop to a new one, so this is no longer an issue for me.  Thanks for being available to help, I appreciate that you responded to my problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NancyE,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST). 

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer? What is the model of the laptop or motherboard (if desktop)?

2. Are you using the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver version from the computer manufacturer or from Intel?

3. Are you using a RAID configuration?

4. Can you also take a picture of the error?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
NancyE
Novice

Hi--

Thanks for looking into this.  Here are my answers.

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer? What is the model of the laptop or motherboard (if desktop)?

Laptop, OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-b0000 IDS Base Model

2. Are you using the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver version from the computer manufacturer or from Intel?

I downloaded whatever HP recommended that I download.  I don't know how to find the RST driver

3. Are you using a RAID configuration?

Not sure how to find out

4. Can you also take a picture of the error?

The computer just turns off.  Do you want a picture of what I've typed above from the reliability index.

0 Kudos
NancyE
Novice

Hi-

I have not solved the above problem, but an opportunity came up to move on from this laptop to a new one, so this is no longer an issue for me.  Thanks for being available to help, I appreciate that you responded to my problem.

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello NancyE, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I am glad to know that you had the chance to get a new laptop. I will proceed to close this thread.

However, you can open a new thread in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products. 

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos