Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Dynamic Storage Accelerator not shown after updating

BElis
New Contributor I

Hi

After updating from Rapid Storage Technology software branch version 13 to Rapid Storage Technology branch 14 I lose the Dynamic Storage Accelerator option's

when going back to 13 it shows again

when disabling c-states in bios it disappears again even if in the bios the option of Dynamic Storage Accelerator is enabled

please help me know if I should stay on 13 or update to latest 14 ?

and its not fair to not include series 9 chipsets in branch 15

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Genesys,

I would like to check some information regarding your system in order to check which 14 branch version will work for you, this way you will have the latest for your model. Please answer below;

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
BElis
New Contributor I

Hello Amy, thanks for the fast response.

I build my pc with custom parts its a 4th gen i7-4790k on z97 with MS windows 10 pro insider preview

the rest of the info will be available in the system report, if you need more info just ask

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks /thread/114062 Genesys.

Just to double check; can you please confirm the full model of your motherboard? I would like to check which is the latest BIOS version and some other information regarding it. One more question, the missing option is with the driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Drivers & Software or ASUS?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
BElis
New Contributor I

Hey Amy here is the MB model: Asus z97 Pro Gamer with latest bios 2203. (by the way in the bios updates there are no updates to intel's firmware's since first release any idea why ?)

this happens with any branch of 14

with any version of 13 I get Dynamic Storage Accelerator

and I tried a lot of 14 branch and always the same Dynamic Storage Accelerator goes away

thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks again for the information.

Well, in that case ASUS should have more answers regarding that update, this because it's their BIOS and they decide if it should be updated or not.

The latest 14 version available for our end for your computer model is; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-?product=55005 Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST), and the latest from ASUS is; http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/sata/Intel_RAID_AHCI_Win10_14_5_0_1081_WHQLzip.rar http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/sata/Intel_RAID_AHCI_Win10_14_5_0_1081_WHQLzip.rar. Have you tested these two?

If you install any of the 13 branch; does your computer work ok? Are you interested in having the Dynamic Storage Accelerator option? Any particular reason why?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
BElis
New Contributor I

Hello Amy thank you for responding and with a great feedback

I have tried almost all possible 13 and 14 versions official and unofficial even a few moded branch 15 and its the same (kinda driver freak)

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=select&id=103&lang=en http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=select&id=103&lang=en

if you could tell me the benefits of having branch 14 without Dynamic Storage Accelerator over branch 13 with it I would be very pleased

and the only thing I can say about Dynamic Storage Accelerator when its on I am relaxed because its letting me know all system are compatible with the hardware

I have tried even a pre OS installs because I'm a windows insider and I get to install windows fresh a lot with no success with solving this bug

one more thing I have i7 4790k and all c-states are active (not on auto) - when I change to auto or deactivate the CPU c-states, Dynamic Storage Accelerator is not shown on branch 13 as well,

could this be the problem\bug ?

BTW this happed to me with a Gigabyte motherboard with z97 as well Gigabyte GA-z97x- gaming GT (at least Gigabyte updates Intel's firmware's in their BIOS's) but bug still stand's

please let me know if u need more information.

Beni.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Beni you're welcome, I am here to help.

I have got some information for the Dynamic Storage Accelerator option that I would like to share with you, after sharing this I will provide a suggestion in order to find the best branch for you.

The Dynamic Storage Accelerator is related to the C-states of the processor, it provides a mechanism to interact with the system BIOS; therefore, the Dynamic Storage Accelerator option will disappear when these states are disabled. The Rapid Storage Technology needs the C-states ON in order to provide this feature.

This is the concept for this feature; "Dynamic Storage Accelerator maximizes I/O throughput performance, lowers I/O latency, and increases system responsiveness by using gears that dynamically adjust the system power management states based on I/O activity, power plan, and power source such as AC or DC mode." Now, based on this description what you can try is the following; install the 13 branch, test it in your daily activity. Do this with the Dynamic Storage Accelerator ON and then OFF. Finally, follow the same procedure for the 14 branch since this one does not include the option the main idea is to test the performance overall and see if it makes a difference performance wise.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
BElis
New Contributor I

ok Amy ill do storage benchmarks with different branches including 15 mod

I will keep u posted

do u think they will solve this issue or is it just on my pc ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Beni, keep me posted.

I believe is just a driver version related matter, hopefully this test can indicate which version is the best for your system.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos