Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2045 Discussions

Email notification Intel RST version 15.9.0.1015

BCase
Beginner

I have a raid setup on Win 10 Pro 64 bit and am trying to get email notifications setup with no success. Surely with this version there should be a working mechanism to be advised by email of faults?

From what I have read, Intel haven't upgraded their software so that smtp settings with security type and password can be incorporated to work? This is 2018 after all, surely Intel is aware there are no reliable servers which have no security?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You are using last year's version. Surely, you should be using this one:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27984/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

Also, download, run, and ATTACH the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Then, one of the intel support engineers can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
BCase
Beginner

Hi Al, many thanks for that fast reply. I downloaded the Intel update program today and ran that and the only update identified was for video driver.

I read in other posts that this IRST requires an email server that is smpt but without any authentication.

So I'll give your kind suggestions a try and report back.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
BCase
Beginner

Hi Al, so ran the setup files and di get to 16.5.1.1030 version.

Ran the SSU and restarted etc.

There is still no updated email option to send emails if there are RAID errors . So authentication requirements of smtp still not there.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards, Brian

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Run the utility I provided the link for and attach the results.

Doc

0 Kudos
BCase
Beginner

Hi Al, here it is.

By the way, Intel Optane refused to install saying Intel Optane not supported on motherboard required with a supported Intel 200 series chipset or later to be enabled,

The motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H socket 1150, Intel H87 Chipset, mATX Form.

CPUIT4440 Intel Haswell Core i5-4440 3.1GHz LGA1150 ( H81,B85,H87, Z87 Motherboard

Hope that helps.

Regards, Brian

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

FindingTechThatWorks: Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

The Intel® RST software is a RAID application and it has limited functionality.

For example with the SMTP settings, they are not authenticated there are no security type or password that can be incorporated, Intel did not implemented those settings or features for this software.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DDoyl3
Beginner

Alberto,

Honestly, that is probably about 30 minutes of coding (including QA) by someone in India which would have cost Intel nothing in the greater scheme. Yet, someone spent a greater amount of time on the overall solution and the email trigger is worthless. That's just sad. Very poorly done and still no update in 2 years = FAIL!

0 Kudos