Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Error messages in MS event viewer

McIlwaine
Beginner

I am using a Windows 10 pro version 22H2 64bit with Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz processor.

I am getting a lot of iaStorE messages in my event log warning messages with an error code off

I/O on 0000000001003000000000003B100780000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 has failed.

when I checked it out on the web is says the problem is with Intel Rapid Storage Device. I checked the device manager and I do not see a driver for this platform in the storage controllers. Could this be the problem I do have an Intel(R) c220 series chipset SATA AHCI Controller if this is any help.

Please i am looking for assistance as I get an error every minute.

Thanking you in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kiriakos-GR
New Contributor I

With out i3,i5,i7  the RST cannot deliver much, but with out RAID array in your system, you should not install anything than just the OS driver. 

The Error log does not explain much,  I/O transfer = (data transfer) which failed ...  it might happened from OS sleep to OS wake state. 

Disable sleep and aloud only hibernate.

Test this new configuration and let us know. 

Checking the HDD for bad sectors this is also a Golden advice.

0 Kudos
McIlwaine
Beginner

I have tried the options as you described and did a full bad blocks scan and I found no errors on any of the disks. The desktop is on power only and the OS never sleeps. However I still keep getting the error messages sometimes as many as Ten within a minute.

0 Kudos
Kiriakos-GR
New Contributor I

It might not be obvious, but you are the person responsible to answer,  of what this workstation was doing at the timing that the error log generates.

Generally speaking, all that it matters is if these alerts are critical or not.

Non critical alerts can be safely ignored. 

At my system I get occasional alerts because of the card reader for my digital camera.

Storage system alerts can be anything, even a pen drive USB which it does not do good electrical contact at the USB plug.  

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello McIlwaine,

Unfortunately, the interactive technical support for Intel® Pentium® Processor G3220 is already at End of Interactive Support(EOIS) and has been discontinued. Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos