Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Failure of Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA) ERROR: Oops, something went wrong while trying to scan. on ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GL503VD (U3E1), 32 GB RAM, 1TB Western Digital SSD WDS100T2X0C-00L350 (SS

HSart
Beginner

I tried all the suggestion in the FAQ's including uninstalling the Driver Assistant and reinstalling.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What version of Windows 10 are you using? 1903?

What is your processor model number?

Which browser are you using? Did you clear your browser cache?

From where did you download IDSA?

Doc

0 Kudos
HSart
Beginner

Al.Hill (Customer)

What version of Windows 10 are you using? 1903? 1903 18362.418

What is your processor model number? Intel® Processor Identification Utility Version : 6.1.0731 ProcessorID_20190925_182828

Name   Intel Core i7 7700HQ Code Name Kaby Lake Package Socket 1440 FCBGA Technology 14nm Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

Which browser are you using?   Firefox 69.0.3 (64-bit)

Did you clear your browser cache? Yes

From where did you download IDSA?   https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant/ 

Thank you, Doc!

Doc

Sunday, October 20, 2019 2:49 PM

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Make sure all copies of IDSA are uninstalled. Then, download and run this uninstaller:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29112/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t

Then, install IDSA again.

Doc

0 Kudos
HSart
Beginner

I followed all of your steps, rebooted, and red bar still appears. Shall I send the log? Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

sure, attach the log. Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
HSart
Beginner

Here is the IDSA logs. Thank you for helping me!

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello HSart,

Thank you for your response.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps below: 

1 - Uninstall the existing Intel® DSA tool in the system using the Uninstaller tool. 

*Note: I understand you have already uninstalled the software; however, please try uninstalling it with the tool to delete all possible registry entries and remnants of the software*

2 - Download and install the latest Intel® DSA version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425

3 - Please try using a different browser.

When Intel® DSA cannot detect your device it is due to the following reasons:

- You have an older component.

- Your component is discontinued or is not supported.

- You have a component not produced by Intel.

- You have a customized driver pre-installed by the computer manufacturer.

- The component is not in Intel's database.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello HSart,

Thank you for working with me to address your issue.

Please check through the Intel® DSA tray icon > Settings, to make sure that the download directory is a local folder, if not and something for example Onedrive* is selected, please change it and attempt to scan and download again.

Let me know the outcome.

David V

0 Kudos
HSart
Beginner

Yes, the download is C:\Users\Admin (me!)\Downloads\ and

Log file Directory is C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\

Thank you! /Howard

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello HSart,

Thank you for your response.

Since you are using an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) device such as laptops and tablets, please contact the system manufacturer for any customized drivers. Intel® DSA only offers generic Intel® drivers.

I would recommend checking with Asus* support to see if they have a driver update utility that you can use. 

David V

0 Kudos
HSart
Beginner

Thank you very much, for your help. I appreciate your help as this will be useful for other client. / Howard

0 Kudos
SKoch13
Beginner

Hello, is this Intel tool only for "full" Intel products like NUC and cannot (or do not want) to detect intel drivers that can be updated on a MSI motherboard / Asus Laptop ?

Most of time OEM stops to provide updated drivers even if newer versions worked / can be more stable / more feature / ... (I understand validation cost etc), but I accept the risk and expect the Intel Driver and Support Assistant tells me there is a new driver version for an Intel LAN chip / RST etc.

If when we have a non Intel product it causes this kind of error, probably you have to update your product to display a proper error message otherwise lot of people will ask why they have that "oops an error as occured" page and you will deal with several forum threads / support tickets about the same problem with disappointed customers ...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So, what is your question? It is for Intel products. When you open IDSA, there is a nice exclusion link that takes you here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032252/software/software-applications.html

If IDSA works (and I have it on my old intel boards and a laptop), you get what you get. Also, note the footnote "1Only offered for Intel® NUCs, Intel® Compute Cards and Intel® Compute Sticks." where certain drivers are only offered for those Intel products. I wish it would not exclude what it does, but it is what it is.

MSI and Asus may have their own tool. Dell has their own tool.

Doc

0 Kudos
SKoch13
Beginner

I'm probably guilty to not fully read all the provided information when downloading it but I had the feeling that the former tool replaced by the DSA (I still have stuff like Intel Driver Update Utility Installer 2.2.0.2 on my disk in a folder of Asus motherboard provided tools) was more flexible and not limited to intel products : I installed DSA after looking a more recent version of "Intel Driver Update Utility Installer" and came on DSA page, downloaded it, installed it, old "Driver Update Utility Installer" was removed silently by DSA and DSA got this error page at launch.

So my perception was the two tools worked the same and after some searches I found several forum thread of people with this same error.

At least one more accurate error cause displayed will be better than needing to dig forum to understand the problem because of a general error landing page.

0 Kudos