Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2045 Discussions

HDD serial corrupt in RAID5 configuration

DBD00
Beginner

Hello,

I have an issue with my ASUS maximus VIII extrem.

After a windows crash, the serial number of HDD in my raid 5 configuration is corrupted !

Instead WD-XXXXXXXXXXXX it is D-XXXXXXX:0 in the configuration...

Is it possible to fix this ? (of course, the issue is on 2 of the 3 disk...)

Thank you,

Dimitri

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This may only be an issue within Intel RST. If the RAID array is working, I wouldn't worry about this. If the RAID array is not working, you can try removing the drives from the array and see if this gets you back to the proper serial numbers (if should).

....S

DBD00
Beginner

Hello,

So, the Raid is not working. In the "post" conf of the raid, there is only one disk remaining part of the raid. the 2 others are not member disk of the raid anymore (seems logique, the raid try to find a bad serial disk)

I can not remove the disk, I only use 3 HDD for the RAID, and only one still have the right #serial in the conf...

I just want to "change" the serial in the RAID information, without removing all the array...

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It looks like your RAID array has fallen over completely. I would back it up as best you can to some form of secondary storage and then delete and re-create the RAID array.

...S

0 Kudos
DBD00
Beginner

Humm, what can i use to back up a RAID5 ? :(

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Physical/external drive. There are 5TB external drives available fairly cheap: https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Portable-External-Hard-Drive/dp/B07VS8QCXC.

...S

0 Kudos
DBD00
Beginner

the question was more wich soft than which drive ;) however, I succeed to save the data from the 2 hdd not in the array.

So I just have to delete/recreate the array and put the files on again ;)

I hope i do not have this issue again !

0 Kudos