Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

How to Remove Raid 0 on Acer Predator Laptop

OfficialCisco
Beginner

I have been researching for 3 days on how to remove the Raid 0 Array from my laptop. I bought a 1TB SSD and Combined it with my SSD that my OS is on. I currently have a USB Drive with Windows10 on it to boot off of, I have tried CTRL+ i when booting up and it doesn't take me to the area where i can simply delete the array. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @OfficialCisco

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please confirm the full exact model of your Acer system in order to check additional details about it?

Also, just to make sure we understand correctly, is the operating system installed on the RAID 0? Is the volume bootable? (I mean, are you able to boot up and access your data?)

To delete a RAID 0 the usual steps are as follow:

1. Turn on the computer. When prompted during system startup, press Ctrl+I at the same time to enter the option ROM user interface.
  2. Use the up or down arrow keys to select “Delete RAID” Volume.
  3. Use the up or down arrow keys to select the failed RAID 0 volume.
  4. Press Delete to delete the volume.
  5. Press Y to confirm the deletion.

Note: Before attempting any manipulation/change on a RAID volume, OS bootable volumes, etc, it is highly recommended to make sure that there is a backup of all the relevant information.

However, if the combination Ctrl+I does not help you to access the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) Option ROM on the system, it would be needed to check with the computer manufacturer (OEM) for additional instructions. This is since "Ctrl + I" may not work for your system since it may need a different key combination or a different process/settings in the BIOS. In those cases, the recommendation is to check with ACER* support for the proper instructions.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello OfficialCisco

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello OfficialCisco

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos