Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

How to remove missing disk from IRST

CRado
Beginner

I have a RAID 5 array set up on my desktop and one of the drives went bad, so I replaced it. I booted up, identified the new drive in the pre-Windows Intel utility and told it to rebuild the array. It said to continue to Windows, which I did. I opened up the IRST window once I was booted up, and it said that it was rebuilding the array, but also said "Unknown disk on Controller 255, Port Unknown: Missing". I checked the info, and it's the disk that went bad (verified by the serial number), but I don't see any option to remove the disk from IRST? It recognizes the new disk and is rebuilding, but still has the missing disk error.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Raddy13

Thank you for joining the community.

Looking into your case it seems you see this message due to the RAID array has not completed the rebuilt process, please wait for the process to be completed if by then you still have the message please let me know.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Raddy13

Thank you for joining the community.

Looking into your case it seems you see this message due to the RAID array has not completed the rebuilt process, please wait for the process to be completed if by then you still have the message please let me know.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
CRado
Beginner

That did it! As soon as it finished rebuilding, the missing disk was removed automatically. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Ank3r
Beginner

Hi I'm having a similar issue,

Using irst it asked/prompted if I wanted to create a volume as I remember. I hit yes, as I thought, I would be asked more questions and didn't know what it was about.

Now my D drive a hhd 1tb, is gone from My pc. I think I might have created a RAID, which I'm still not sure what is.

I want to disable it so I can use the drive again, but I'm not sure if it safe and even how to.

Windows is on the SSD.

Should I disable the raid in bios?

0 Kudos