Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

IAStorDataMgrSvc not starting in Versions 16.0.2.1086 and 16.5.1.1030

WDobe
Beginner

Unter Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 17134.254 wird der Service IAStorDataMgrSvc zwar gestartet, bricht aber sofort ab.

Im Ereignisprotokoll werden Event-IDs 1026 und 1000 angezeigt.

Der erste nennt als Quelle .NET Runtime mit Verweis auf Frameworkversion v4.0.30319.

Das Microsoft-Tool netfx_setupverifier zeigt ein paar Warnungen aber keine schwerwiegenden Fehler.

Bis einschließlich IRST-Version 15.9.0.1015 gab es auf demselben System keine Probleme.

Ich muss allerdings zugeben, dass auf einem neu installierten Windows auch die neueren IRST-Versionen funktionieren.

Ohne Not möchte ich aber mein Windows nicht mit allen Anwendungen neu aufbauen.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello doberstw,

Thank you for joining the Intel Communities.

If you open Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software, do you get any error message? Is the issue related just to the IAStorDataMgrSvc service?

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
WDobe
Beginner

Hello Fred,

thank you for your reply.

When starting IAStorUI.exe I don't get any error message and the application does not open.

The tray Symbol shows "Intel RST Service läuft nicht.".

Please see attached files.

Kind Regards

doberstw

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello doberstw,

Thanks for the information you sent to me.

I would like you to try a clean installation of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver. Please download the Intel RST driver that is on this link https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27984/eng/SetupRST.exe https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27984/eng/SetupRST.exe

As soon as the driver has been downloaded uninstall Intel RST from Programs and Features in Control Panel, restart the computer, and then reinstall the RST version I provided above.

If issue persists I would like you to try manually starting the Intel RST service. Please click on the Start button, type in services.msc, press Enter, find and right-click on Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology service, click Properties, under the General tab set the Startup type to Automatic, click Apply, click the Start button (within the same window), click OK, and then restart the computer.

Let me know if issue persists or not.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
WDobe
Beginner

Hello Fred,

before Posting this Problem I already did what you suggested, i.e. clean install and manually starting the Service.

But nevertheless I downloaded and clean installed the IRST-Driver. The Problem is still the same.

This is not surprising as your Link pointed to the Driver-Version (16.5.1.1030) which i already used and which is causing the Problem.

Please see again the new Event-ID entries and a new System Support Utility Output.

Kind regards

doberstw

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello doberstw,

I tried to reproduce the issue in two different systems we have, but Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software worked fine for me. I was able to successfully change service settings, and the application works fine as well.

I see that ASUS* has Intel RST Version 15.7.1.1015 on their website, have you tried contacting them in order to check if they will validate newer Intel RST versions for your system?

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
WDobe
Beginner

Hello Fred,

in my initial post I pointed out that the Problem started with Intel RST Version 16.0.2.1086.

All earlier versions including ASUS Version 15.7.1.1015 were fine. I'm sorry for Posting this in german. This might have caused some misunderstanding.

Beside the fact that you weren't able to reproduce the issue, would you please check if there are Major changes from Version 15.9.0.15 to 16.0.2.1086 especially regarding use of .NET Runtime.

Kind regards

doberstw

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello doberstw,

I did not find any major change when it comes to .NET Framework on Intel RST 16.0.2.1086. I attached a screenshot showing the changes that were made in that specific version.

Regards,

Fred D.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
WDobe
Beginner

Hello Fred,

I hope upgrade to Windows 10 1809 will fix this issue.

You may close this ticket.

0 Kudos