Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2048 Discussions

Installation Failed: Intel® RST User Interface and Driver for Intel® 7th/8th Generation

DulceC
Beginner

I got a notification on my desktop about a driver update. I clicked then it went to this link -> (Intel® Driver & Support Assistant), clicked install then it says installation failed.  What to do?

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver for Intel® 7th/8th Generation Platforms 

Description:
The Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) Driver (16.8.2.1002) supports the configuration and enabling of system acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory and maintenance of RAID 0/1/5/10.
Version:
Release date:
June 12, 2019
Size:
21.02 MB
0 Kudos
4 Replies
cccleaner
Beginner

for my ASUS board the Intel Auto Update assistant does not work properly all the time either .. I update all drivers from Intel manually.

go to the support page of your Mainboard, Laptop, PC Manufacturer and check if they offer younger drivers for Intel RST than you have already installed.

Or you go  directly to intel Download page and search for latest Intel RST drivers and try those ones. current version is 18.0.1.1138

and have fun updating your system

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you using RAID? Are you using Optane? If the answer to both questions is No, then uninstall Intel RST.

...S

DulceC
Beginner

I haven't heard about those two you mentioned so I guess I'm not using any of them.  What are the consequences of uninstalling RST? thanks in advance

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Uninstalling the package will have no consequences if there is no RAID or Optane module in the system. Disabling RST in BIOS (setting SATA Mode to AHCI) will cause booting to fail, so don't do that (well, not unless you are ready to reinstall Windows).

...S

0 Kudos