Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Installation Problem with RST 17.9.1.1009

I can't install the new version. During the installation, the message is that the installation process must be canceled. No error message.

Gigabyte B360N Wfi (rev. 1.0) Motherboard

Installed is Version 17.8.0.1065

try to installed Version 17.9.1.1009

Win 10x64, Version 1909 Build 18363.720

What I noticed, the version 17.8. has about 22 MB, the version 17.9. has about 11 MB !??

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor III

Re: Installation Problem with RST 17.9.1.1009

The file is smaller because support for some older hardware was removed, as was the GUI (it comes from MS App Store now).

Typically, if you see the message saying must be cancelled, it is because the older version needs to be uninstalled before installing the new version.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Even with uninstalling the previous version, the same problem remains. Especially since the old version is uninstalled during the installation of the new version.
Here's the hard copy. The protocol files of the installation. The SSU.
What's more striking. In the download center the new version has the date 22.01. and the release note shows Release History 29.06. .......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor III

It is saying that it failed to remove some files and registry keys during uninstall and this then caused install to be aborted. Intel Customer Support will need to step in here and see if they can repeat this

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re:Installation Problem with RST 17.9.1.1009

Hello TMand7,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

Please allow us to review the information attached to this thread. We will update it soon.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello TMand7,

1. Are you trying to install both the Intel® RST driver and the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application or only one of these components?
  2. Is Intel RST UEFI Driver version in BIOS 15.9.3.xxxx or later?
  3. Is Intel RST Premium set in BIOS?
  4. Does the issue occur if you try to install a version provided by your computer vendor?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Re:Installation Problem with RST 17.9.1.1009

1.) trying install both. during installation i select with Intel® Optane™ Memory.... and once without.

2.) and 3.) i can not find this information in bios. I would have to ask at gigabyte.

4.) installed 17.2.11.1033 from Gigabyte download, without problems,

installed 17.7.0.1066 from intel download, without problems,

installed 17.8.0.1065 from Gigabyte and Intel, without problems,

installed 17.9.0.1007 from Gigabyte, with problems or. the same issue, see hardcopy,

installed 17.9.1.1009 from Intel, with problems or. the same issue, see hardcopy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello TMand7,

Thank you for your response.

In this scenario, our recommendation is that you contact your computer vendor to get more information about the BIOS parameters required to install Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST).

Once you get more information about that, feel free to post an update.

Since Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) 17.9.1.1009 is a generic version, you may also ask your computer vendor if they recommend that you install generic versions. It is important to note that the versions provided by computer vendors are usually customized to ensure system functionality.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos