Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel Matrix Storage Console

Ldm1701
Beginner

I am new to all of this and hope someone can help. I have an old HP Desktop system. It was upgraded from Vista to Win7 and now Win10. It has 2(HD) 512 MB ea. System is set for Raid 1 Mirrored (I believe) . If I had a system crash drive 1 was backed up and restored from drive 2. 

Anyway I had a crash again over the weekend. When I got the stem to restart I didn't see the Raid Matrix Controller open as it usually did. When I open the program I see a msg. Intel Matrix Storage Console unable to load a page for the following reasons: 1- a plugin did not provide a page for the selected device.  2- a plugin failed to load. As I said it is old, but still runs well. It is ver 7.6.9.1002. The BIOS screen shows 2 HD and says running raid. Is there possible an update I need, I don't see any. Any help is obviously appreciated.  TIA

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Ldm1701,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the scenario that you are experiencing and to better assist you please provide the following report to continue.

- DXDIAG

•          Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.

•          On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.

•          On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.

•          Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Ldm1701
Beginner

Thanks for the quick response,

I have included the file as you asked.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Ldm1701,

We appreciate the report, please allow us some time to investigate this, and we will reach you back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Ldm1701,

Based on our research, the version we can recommend for you to install is the one down below, just bear in mind that this version might or might not work with your system because the chipset on it is very old.

Version: 14.8.16.1063

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Ldm1701
Beginner

Victor,

Thanks again for the response. Is this good to try as I know I don't have Optane memory? I want to d/l the best vers. for this machine. Is this the one suggested? 

f6flpy-x64.zip

I know this is an old machine. It's just a good tower. I did try something this morning that may lead to a HW problem. When I look in POST it says it is set for RAID but running diagnostics gives me a HD failure on 1 drive. So I will try replacing the drive and see what happens. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Ldm1701,

The one that you need to use for testing is the SetupRST.exe. We wish you the best of lucks with the HW failure.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Ldm1701,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Ldm1701,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Ldm1701
Beginner
Sorry Victor, I thought I did reply. Pc problems causing problems. It now seems 1 drive has gone bad. That plus bios battery looks like it is also in need of replacement. You can close the incident. Thanks
0 Kudos