Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel Memory & Storage Tool

UncleJoe
Beginner

I could not determine which location to select.

The question I have concerns about is how the new version of the Intel Memory & Storage Tool shows my Intel RAID 5 Volume, but under it, there is a list of only two (2) of the three (3) drives.  I would think that it would show all three (3) drives, as that is the minimum drives needed for a RAID 5.  If it should show three (3) drives, I take it that this means one of my drives is failing.  I have a question with Gigabyte on how I can find out which drive is failing, should that be the case.

However, if only two (2) should be showing, why?

I have a Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z270X-Ultra Gaming motherboard.  I do not see how I can look at the RAID settings.  I have a question in their queue but will have to resubmit as they misunderstood my question.

The attached jpeg shows two of the three that are all the same Hitachi drive model.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @UncleJoe.

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

We received your ticket involving Intel Memory and Storage tool along with your RAID configuration, I will be glad to assist you.

I will need to confirm this before I can give you an answer, but could it be possible that the drive not showing up is the one that failed? please also keep in mind that Intel MAS is an application for Intel SSDs.

I would also like to know how to are currently managing your RAID, basically, how did you set it up? was it via Intel Rapid Storage Technology or something else?

Please let me know if you can also provide us with a full system report using Intel SSU:

- Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Steps

I will follow up on December 15th or we can schedule a different date to follow up if additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @UncleJoe.

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

We received your ticket involving Intel Memory and Storage tool along with your RAID configuration, I will be glad to assist you.

I will need to confirm this before I can give you an answer, but could it be possible that the drive not showing up is the one that failed? please also keep in mind that Intel MAS is an application for Intel SSDs.

I would also like to know how to are currently managing your RAID, basically, how did you set it up? was it via Intel Rapid Storage Technology or something else?

Please let me know if you can also provide us with a full system report using Intel SSU:

- Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Steps

I will follow up on December 15th or we can schedule a different date to follow up if additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
UncleJoe
Beginner

Bruce,

Thanks for your reply.  I ended up going through the settings in the BIOS and found how one setting had been changed - be it in an update or my mouse/fingers, I don't know - and was "finally" able to see the RAID configuration screen.  I found the serial number and port that the bad hard drive was connected to.  I ordered and installed (installed last night) the replacement hard drive and added it to the RAID.

It is in the process of rebuilding.  I selected this in the BIOS screen instead of inside the Intel application after loading Windows.  I do not have a pressing need to be able to access the data while it is rebuilding.  I am, of course, connected to a UPS, so nothing should interrupt it.

Thanks so much for your assistance.  (I am replying using my work computer, as I did not want to keep you waiting for a reply.

I'll take a look at it in the Intel app after it finishes and I reboot.  I might also download the utility you gave me a link to.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello UncleJoe,

Besides the information requested by Bruce, we would like to have the below details:

• Pictures of the CTRL I and BIOS to check your RAID configuration.
  • Please check the motherboard manufacturer's website to check the supported RST configurations.
  • Please provide a picture of the Status or Manage Tab.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello UncleJoe,

Thank you for let us know.

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos