Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management - Notifications

U_Ped
Beginner

Hi. 

I can see Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and Intel® Optane™ Memory applications are end of life and it-is recommended to update to The Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management from Microsoft Store.

However, I cannot get notifications to work. I think it is because Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management is missing in Notifications and actions. How can I enabled notifications?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello U.Ped,

We would like to provide an update regarding the system notifications of the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application.

System notifications are not yet part of the new Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management UI. Please expect this feature to be available in upcoming driver releases.

Regards,

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

22 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, with the transition to DCH drivers, the GUIs are now App Store applications. This change is a requirement being pushed by Microsoft.

Have you scrolled down through the Get notifications from these senders list to verify that notifications are actually enabled for this app?

...S

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

@U.Ped​ 

See the attached image, showing Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management notifications enabled

Leon

IntelOptaneNotification.png

0 Kudos
U_Ped
Beginner

Thanks for answers. I cannot find Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management on the list for notifications. How can I enable notification for this app?

0 Kudos
U_Ped
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. There is something wrong in your Windows.
  2. I suggest that you should perform an Repair Windows with an In place upgrade. Using this method you will have Windows reinstalled, with all your data and applications in place. You should start from par. 6 (i.e. use Microsoft Media Creation tool).
  3. For safety reason, perform this repair with Optane disabled.

Leon

0 Kudos
U_Ped
Beginner

I reinstalled Windows, but Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management still not appeared on the list for notifications. 

It worked after I forced a notification, example by disable and enable Write-cache buffer flushing in the App.

But I still not think the notification are working perfect. In my setup I am using RAID 1 (2 x 256GB SSD). I have tried to shut down and unplug one of the disks. My RAID is now down, but I don’t get any notification in Windows action center.

Service RstMwService (Intel(R) Storage Middleware Service) are running.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I can't help you more since I've no experience in RAID. I'm using the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management for Optane acceleration. I hope that some body else will give you better advise.

Leon

0 Kudos
U_Ped
Beginner
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello UPede,

We would like to have more information about your system configuration.

Are you still using Intel® RST?

Please provide us with the following reports:

Intel® RST System Report

1. Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel® Rapid Storage Technology).
  2. Click the Help icon.
  3. Click the System Report icon.
  4. Click Save.

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report.

1. Intel® SSU Download link
  2. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
U_Ped
Beginner

No, I am not using Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface, because this software is end of life. So I am using the new Intel Optane Memory and Storage Managemen App instead. 

I have sent you a PM with SSU report.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello U.Ped,

Thank you for your response.

According to the system report, the system configuration you are using is supported, and you should be able to receive notifications when using the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application.

Intel® Core™ i5-9500 Processor

BIOS 2606

ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING specs drivers

Intel® Z390 Chipset Intel® 300 Series Chipsets

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Did you install the standalone Intel® RST Driver before installing the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application from the Microsoft* Store?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello U.Ped,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello U.Ped,

We have not heard back from, so we will close this thread. If you need further assistance, please start a new thread, we will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
U_Ped
Beginner

Hi. Sorry for late answer.

Yes, I installed the RST Driver before Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management App

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello U.Ped,

Please allow us to look into this issue.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
U_Ped
Beginner

Yes. Please let me know if you need more information 

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello U.Ped,

We are still looking into this issue.

Please make sure your OS is up to date. After verifying this, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and send us the report.

Also, please provide us with an Intel® Rapid and Storage Technology System Report.

Note: You might need to install the Intel® RST User Interface.

1. Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel® Rapid Storage Technology).
  2. Click the Help icon.
  3. Click the System Report icon.
  4. Click Save

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
U_Ped
Beginner

Hi. I had sent you a message with requested reports

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello U.Ped,

Thank you for the update.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello U.Ped,

We would like to provide an update regarding the system notifications of the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application.

System notifications are not yet part of the new Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management UI. Please expect this feature to be available in upcoming driver releases.

Regards,

Wanner G.