cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DT4
Beginner

Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID Controller and 3TB HDD

Hello!

Does Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID Controller fully support 3TB hard drives?

We have:

1) Intel Matrix Storage RAID - Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID ControllerNumber of Serial ATA ports: 6RAID Option ROM Version: 5.6.2.1002Driver Version: 8.9.0.1023

2) Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Intel RAID controller: Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID Controller

Number of SATA ports: 6

RAID option ROM version: 5.6.4.1002

Driver version: 10.1.0.1008

Can we attach 3TB HDD to these controllers? Can we use whole capacity of such HDD ?

5 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

It can also depend on the motherboard. Which board are you using this on?

DT4
Beginner

Hello

Motherboard manufacturer: SupermicroMotherboard Model: X7DBR-3 BIOS Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies LTD 6.00, 05/29/2007
idata
Community Manager

I am experiencing same issue with HP XW8600 thath has ESB2 Sata Raid Controller.

OS Win7 64b Ultimate

Seagate 3TB STBD3000100

I read the following and tried to install latest drivers from intel download f6flpy-x64 version 12....

Seagate says that it requires version version 10 plus Driver although it won't allow me to update from 9.6.0.1014 3/3/2010 to the latest version which is 12.... Please help so i know if I should return the seagate 3 gigs and give up on this MB....

Thanks for your help.

Also found this link regarding same issue

http://forums.seagate.com/t5/Barracuda-XT-Barracuda-Barracuda/Hooking-up-3TB-seagate-barracuda-drive... Hooking up 3TB seagate barracuda drive - Seagate Community Forums <!-- WORP base href is only for viewing file on local system. Remove before uploading code to app --> Welcome to the Seagate Forums! - Seagate Community Forums

http://forums.seagate.com/t5/Barracuda-XT-Barracuda-Barracuda/Hooking-up-3TB-seagate-barracuda-drive...

idata
Community Manager

is anyone still following this topic? Help Intel please...

idata
Community Manager

All,

You should check with your motherboard manufacturer for the most accurate compatibility information.

Regards,

John