Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel RST VMD Managed Controller 09AB

coalgiver
Beginner

Getting the following error in my performance monitor for my PC:

The device, Intel RST VMD Managed Controller 09AB, is reporting a bad status value. This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_09AB&SUBSYS_15391025&REV_00\3&11583659&0&B8.

I have tried to uninstall and delete the driver via device manager but it keeps coming back.  How do I fix this?

PC is an Acer Nitro AN515-57.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello coalgiver, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600 

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. If possible, provide the version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) tool.

3. Are you using a RAID configuration? If so, which RAID configuration are you using?

4. Is this issue recent? If so, when did it started?

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
coalgiver
Beginner

Attached is the scan.

2. If possible, provide the version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) tool.

Not sure

3. Are you using a RAID configuration? If so, which RAID configuration are you using?

No

4. Is this issue recent? If so, when did it started?

Started yesterday

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello coalgiver, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello coalgiver, 

Based on the information so far, look like there is no need for you to use the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST). You can follow these steps to uninstall the tool:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055681/technologies/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst.html

Also, this error may be related to the operating system. If possible, perform a backup of your information and try a clean installation of the operating system.

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello coalgiver, 

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello coalgiver,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos