Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel RST config file location Windows

smkw
Beginner

Hello,

When I first configured the Scheduler under the Preferences tab in RST 16.8.3.1007, Win10 2004, I received an error message and the Scheduler became locked - unable to make changes. The scheduler is functioning but is not configurable

I followed the ReadMe instructions to uninstall and reinstall RST, but I am still unable to change the Scheduler preferences, which are locked to the previous settings

Where are these preferences saved in the filesystem, and how can I change them?

Thank you

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

smkw, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to be able to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your platform.

Please provide the SSU report, screenshots and error messages that you are getting when you are trying to configure the scheduler.

Any questions, please let me know. 

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
smkw
Beginner

Attached is the SSU report and a screenshot of the Scheduler page in the RST UI app with the Apply and Discard Changes buttons greyed-out

There are currently no error messages. When I first changed the scheduler preferences, it threw an error, which I don't remember. Now, I'm unable to make changes to the scheduler preferences as the 'Apply Changes' and 'Discard Changes' buttons are greyed-out and not clickable. I am able to make changes to the 'E-mail' settings, but when I click from the E-email settings to Scheduler, the UI app crashes

This system was purchased new and set up last month, with Intel RST being installed and configured in the first days of its set-up

My question is where does IAStorUI store its scheduler configuration files as I have not been able to locate them

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

smkw, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

smkw, I just received an update on this matter.

Just to confirm:

This computer is it on RAID mode? The reason why we asked this question is because since the option for Scheduler is greyed out, we believe it might be on AHCI or RAID ready in the BIOS.

What is the RAID volume being used in this system? 

Could you please provide the Intel® RST report?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
smkw
Beginner

Yes, 4 SATA drives (not the boot drive) are configured in Intel RAID mode in the BIOS

The RST report is attached. To clarify, the scheduler is currently working in that it scans on the first of each month (how I initially set it), but I am now unable to make changes to the schedule

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

smkw, Thank you very much for sharing and clarifying those details.

We will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get any information I will post it on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
smkw
Beginner

Thank you

How does the UI store the config - file, registry, hex?

If I know, I could fix it

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

smkw, You are very welcome, I just received an update on this matter.

After doing further research on this matter, we determined that this seems to be a problem with the Intel® RST application itself or the Operating System registry.

Do you have the option to back up all the important data you might have on the computer and try a system restore to a working point?

Could you please try to reinstall the Intel® RST drivers and check if the issue gets fixed that way?

In the following link you will find the Intel® RST user guide where you will find all the details and the guidance on task scheduler and repair:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057208/technologies/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst.html?productId=55005&localeCode=us_en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
smkw
Beginner

I'm unable to restore to that point, and uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix the issue

Where does RST store the scheduler config - in the registry? I don't see that info in the linked document

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

smkw, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

In reference to your question, we do not recommend to access the "Registry" since the changes done in there might create instability on the system functionality.

Still, I will double-check this information for you and once I get any updates I will post all the information on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello smkw, I just received an update on this matter.

Please bear in mind Intel® does not work with the Windows* registry, so, that type of information will not be listed publicly, dealing with the registry is out of our scope of support.

So, the best thing to do in this case will be to get in contact directly with Microsoft for them to provide further assistance with that specific subject:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
smkw
Beginner

?

I'm not asking how to change the config

I want to know where the config is located so that I can manually change it myself - whether that's in the file system, registry, or binary etc.

Microsoft can't help me find where RST stores the schedule config, and I searched through every record of "intel", "rst", etc. in Regedit and couldn't locate it. I couldn't find it in the file system, so I came here with the subject "Intel RST config file location Windows"

Where does RST store the schedule?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello smkw, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

I will double-check this information again in order to try to provide the details you are looking for, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the information on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello smkw, I just received an update on this matter.

Intel® does not work with any registry values or provide details about this topic. We do not support any registry changes.

Just to let you know, all the files related to Intel® RST are stored at location "C:\Intel\”

We actually recommend to get in contact directly with Microsoft for further assistance on this topic:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos