Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel RST service not running

idata
Employee

I've been happily running Intel Rapid Storage Technology 9.6.0.1014 on Windows 7 64-bit for a few months. In past few days the RST icon in the windows desktop tray has shown a yellow triangle after log in, and a pop up bubble saying "Intel RST service not running". Looking at Component Services/Local services from windows control panel, it shows a service named "Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology", with status of blank, and startup type "Automatic (delayed Start)". But now it doesn't start however long one waits after log in. One can start it manually, and it then works ok but it's no longer starting by itself. One can also start it simply by right clicking the tray icon and OPENing.

Actually, I've found over the past week that it doesn't show these symptoms on all boots; sometimes everything works normally.

Anyone have a fix for this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

I have the same problem, if anyone have a solution let me know it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If problem clears within a few minutes after boot up, problem is with startup sequence. Intel RST can be moved up the sequence to avoid the error.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks, but how does one move it up the startup sequence? As I understand it, Intel RST is a local service which has been configured to start automatically but delayed. Presumably there's a reason for that. Is there an order in which Windows starts local services? I thought it did so by reference to their dependencies, rather than by the order in which they occur in a table (actually alphabetical). We are not talking about a program that is started by the msconfig STARTUP list.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same problem pretty much the same especifications for my laptop and the problem is that its relatively new and it shouldnt be doing that i wonder if the intel team knows any solution to this

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I also have the same problem, and even worse. everytime I start my laptop, after few minutes the screen will froze and I can't do anything can someone help me??

thanks

0 Kudos