Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Technology installation failed due to fatal error

Pmaracas
Beginner

Hello,

Tried to install the recommended update to Intel Rapid Storage Technology using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. The installation failed due to a fatal error. Logs are attached. Thanks in advance for any help.

Peter

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Pmaracas,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below details:

• Do you have a RAID configuration? If so, please provide details.

Provide us with the  Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)  report

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Pmaracas
Beginner

Hello Maria,

I do not have a raid configuration. Attached is a copy of the SSU report. 

Peter

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Pmaracas,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Pmaracas,

Thank you for the information.

In this case, there is no need to have the Intel RST installed if you are not using a RAID configuration. However, if you still want to have the tool installed, you can try the below recommendations:

• We always recommend to customers the use of the driver provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer. There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.
  • The Intel* DSA will scan your system but just will show you the drivers based on our generic database.
  • You can find here the latest RST driver provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5577-gaming-laptop/drivers version 15.2.7.1042. Please contact Dell for installation instructions.

If you have any issues with your system or prefer to try with the Intel generic version, please let me know to provide you with instructions.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Pmaracas,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Pmaracas,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos