Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel Smart Response Technology is not supported in this version of the Intel RST Driver?

JEvab
Beginner

Hi,

Recently purchased a Lenovo IdeaCentre 620S.

After running all Windows/Lenovo/Intel updates am now receiving a warning from Intel RST (snip attached).

After reading various support posts I believe to get the full use out of my Optane Memory I will have to roll back my version of the RST driver, is that correct (

Intel RST SystemReport attached)?

If so, are you able to both confirm which version of the the RST driver I should use and (if possible) the correct download link (I'm assuming from Lenovo's website) please?

Thanks in advance,

John

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JEvab, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, first of all, we suggest to save and back up all the important information that you might have on your system.

And yes, we recommend to install the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in Lenovo's web site and the and Intel® Rapid Storage Technology version validated by them for your platform is 16.8.0.1000, after backing up the information uninstall the current version form "Apps and Features" and install the proper one:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/600-series/620s-03ikl/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Storage

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JEvab
Beginner

Hi Albert,

Thanks for your reply.

I've done as suggested, installed the earlier version of the RST driver (Post rollback SystemReport attached) but am still encountering the same error message.

This reply, from two years ago, from one of your colleagues seems to suggest the RST v16+ doesn't support accelaration and I'd have to find a driver pre v16, is this correct?

Many thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi JEvab, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those results.

Yes, that is correct, from Intel®'s side, the Intel® Smart Response Technology feature is no longer supported from version 16 or higher as you mentioned in your previous post.

The latest Intel® Rapid Storage Technology that supports Intel® Smart Response Technology option is version 15.9 that you will find in the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28997/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005

However, just to let you know, before installing that version, we suggest to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop to make sure that version will work properly with their system without causing any problems to the platform, it might not be fully compatible with your device.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
JEvab
Beginner

Hi Albert,

Thanks very much for your reply and the download link for version 15.9.

Will get in touch with the manufacturer to check the above is compatible with my machine.

Really appreciate your help with this.

Hope you're staying as safe and well as you can right now.

John

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi JEvab, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those details.

Perfect, excellent, that will be the best thing to do in this case, once they approved the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology version 15.9, you will be able to install it with no problems.

I really hope you do too, and all your loved ones as well.

Any in other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos