Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Is Intel (RST) supported on the Q170 chipsets?

SKazw
Beginner

I cannot seem to find the driver for it. I would like to setup 2 x Mx500 SSD in RAID 0 but I would like the appropriate driver to do this. I have an Advantech AIMB-785 motherboard. I attempted using the RAID drivers provided by them, but each time I install them on the second SSD, Windows crashes does not boot anymore. As it is installing the driver it gets stuck. It does not allow me to uninstall or cancel the driver installation.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. I have attached screenshots.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello SKazw, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, I would like to mention that, in order to install the driver you are trying to install for the Intel ® Chipset, it actually needs to be downloaded and installed from the motherboard's manufacturer. You can try with the generic drivers we provide but it is way better to use the ones provided by the motherboard's manufacturer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/90587/Intel-Q170-Chipset Now, normally, without needing to update those drivers that you are trying you should be able to create a RAID with no errors, try creating the RAID to make sure it is possible to do. Let me know the outcome please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The Intel RST package provided by the manufacturer is available here: http://downloadt.advantech.com/download/downloadsr.aspx?File_Id=1-1A58HKT.

I agree with David; you should be setting up the RAID array from the Intel RST BIOS extension.

...S

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello SKazw, Were you able to check Scott's and my post? Let me know if you need any more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello SKazw, Please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SKazw
Beginner

I apologize for the late response. Unfortunately the RAID does not work. I have tried both drivers from Intel and Advantech and could not get it to work without the system locking up. I will move on from this and avoid using RAID.

Thank you for the feedback and support! I really appreciate it.

Kindest regards.

0 Kudos